Alberta Parks Ambassadors are united by a common passion for all things Alberta Parks and a desire to share their experiences. This spring, 130 people applied to take part in the Ambassador Program and from those applicants 13 were chosen to bring their adventures to life for everyone to enjoy and to inspire people to have their own Alberta Parks experience.
Through this 13 part blog series, we will introduce your Alberta Parks Ambassadors and share what they’ve been up to this summer.
Chelsea is a firefighter, guide, photographer and writer who calls Kananaskis Country, Alberta home. Her love of canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding (SUPing), hiking, fishing, camping and coffee made over a campfire fire are a huge part of what keeps her living life to the fullest and experiencing all it has to offer.
- Facebook: The Northern Life
- Blog: thatcanadiangirlsblog.wordpress.com
- Instagram: @thatcanadiangirl1
- Twitter: @CanadianGirl171
- Pinterest: NorthernLifeEh
Where Chelsea has been this summer:
This summer Chelsea has spent most of her time in and around Kananaskis, while on her adventures she took time to stay up late to stargaze, catch the summer meteor showers and watch for the aurora!
- Rock Glacier Day Use in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
- Troll Falls, Kananaskis Country
- Barrier Lake Day Use, Bow Valley Provincial Park
- Ribbon Creek Day Use Area in Evan-Thomas Provincial Recreation Area
- Wasootch Day Use Area in Elbow-Sheep Wildland Provincial Park
- Highwood Pass, Kananaskis Country
You can read Chelsea’s blog posts about her adventures in Alberta Parks below!
- Photographing Bears
- Rock Glacier, Kananaskis
- Wildflowers and Waterfalls
- Voyageur Canoeing in Kananaskis
- Centennial Ridge – Kananaskis, AB
- Summer Solstice Hike on Wasootch Ridge
- Highwood Pass
- The Bears of Kananaskis
Caving in Grotto Mountain, learning to whitewater SUP on the Kananaskis River and biking the High Rockies trail, plus as many nights under the stars as possible are next on Chelsea’s list, that and paddling and camping around Drumheller in the fall.
Follow all of our Alberta Parks Ambassadors for more great adventure ideas and tips throughout the summer and beyond. Want to give an adventure a try? Many campsites can be reserved online at reserve.albertaparks.ca!